Skip to main content

Schemes offered by the government and other organizations assisting owners in carrying out rehabilitation works and handling related matters.


1. Daily Operation of OC

Home Affairs Department

Daily Operation of Building Management 

To provide useful information on financial matters, building maintenance and other matters in daily operation of building management.



2. Safeguarding of Drinking Water Safety in Buildings

Water Supplies Department

Water Safety Plan Subsidy Scheme

To encourage property owners and management agents to implement water safety plan for buildings at their premises.



3. Carrying out of Energy Efficiency Improvement Works

CLP Power Hong Kong Limited

CLP Eco Building Fund

To subsidize residential buildings, commercial buildings, industrial buildings and composite buildings and their nearby ancillary facilities by carrying out retrofitting projects for improving energy efficiency in communal areas.


HK Electric

HK Electric Smart Power Fund

To subsidize residential buildings or composite buildings for carrying out energy efficiency improvement works.



4. Voluntary Building Assessment

Hong Kong Housing Society

Voluntary Building Assessment Scheme

Buildings certified under the VBAS will be recognized by the Building Authority as having fulfilled the requirements under the MBIS and MWIS.



5. Reporting of Suspected Criminal Offence

Hong Kong Police Force

RenoSafe Scheme

Crime prevention publicity scheme launched by Hong Kong Police Force for building renovation.



6. Advisory Service for BM Dispute

Home Affairs Department

Free Mediation Service Scheme for Building Management

To assist relevant parties in resolving disputes over building management.


Free Legal Advice Service on Building Management

To provide assistance for building management or daily operation by offering free legal advice.


Panel of Advisors on Building Management Disputes

To help resolve complicated building management disputes. The panel (including lawyers, accountants, surveyors and property managers, etc.)will offer neutral, authoritative and professional advice to the parties concerned.



7. Strengthening Support in BM

Home Affairs Department

Owners' Corporations Advisory Services Scheme

A property management company to provide eligible OCs with free advisory services on building management.


Central Platform on Building Management

To strengthen support in building management and large-scale maintenance projects etc, regular briefings will be organised.