Skip to main content



Building Safety Loan Scheme

Individual owners may apply for loans to carry out maintenance and repair works to reinstate or improve the safety conditions of their buildings and/or private slopes voluntarily, or in compliance with statutory orders, including:


  • Building and slope repairs
  • Maintenance and upgrading works on the following:
    • Fire Services installations
    • Lift installation
    • Electrical installation
    • Gas Risers
    • Drainage pipes, water supply pipes and communal pipes for disposal of condensate from air-conditioners
  • Regular slope maintenance works
  • Removal of unauthorised building works

Building Safety Loan Scheme


Who can apply?

The applicant must be the owner of a private building, be it a domestic, composite, commercial or industrial building.

At present, owners' corporations are not empowered to borrow loans from the Building Safety Loan Scheme. Owners should submit applications for loans on an individual basis.

In case the maintenance works relating to the loan application is coordinated by the owners' corporation of the building or the resident organisation concerned which is willing to help provide the necessary documents (e.g., works contract / tender, minutes and notice of the owners' meetings and copy of the repair order / investigation order), the Buildings Department will directly contact the owners' corporation or the resident organisation for access to the documents. Under these circumstances, the applicant is not required to submit such documents.


How to apply?

To apply for loans, submit the completed application form together with all necessary documents to Buildings Department .


For scheme details, please click here.

Application Form (Chinese only)

Application Form (Chinese only)

Integrated Building Rehabilitation Assistance Scheme Application Form Application Form (Applicable to Individual Flat Owner to apply)