Second Round Lift Modernisation Subsidy Scheme
The Government has partnered with the Urban Renewal Authority (URA) to implement the "Lift Modernisation Subsidy Scheme" (LIMSS) to promote lift modernisation Note 1 in the community through provision of financial incentive with appropriate professional support to eligible building owners of private residential or composite (commercial and residential), thereby enhancing lift safety.
Note 1: Applicable to traction lifts only.
A building participating in the LIMSS must meet the following criteria:
1. The building Note 2 is a private residential or composite (commercial & residential) building (including a building held by a Civil Servants' Co-operative Building Society ( “CBS”)); and
2. The lifts in the building have not been equipped with any or all of the “essential safety devices” specified in Paragraph 1 of “Scope of Works/Services Covered by the Subsidy” ; and
3. The average annual rateable value of all the domestic units in the building in 2017/18 should not exceed HK$162,000 in urban areas (including Shatin, Kwai Tsing, Tsuen Wan); while not exceed HK$124,000 in New Territories.
4. Applicant must submit an application before tenders for the consultant or/ and registered lift contractor have been invited. (Except for the circumstances specified in Paragraph 7.3 of Application Notes for Second Round Lift Modernisation Subsidy Scheme (AN-LIMSS(2))
Note 2: Excluding buildings / estates solely owned by the Government, individuals or organisations.
Owner's organisations and Applicant's Representatives
- If an owners’ corporation (OC) has been formed, the OC shall be the Applicant when submitting the application to URA.
- For buildings without an OC (including those held by CBS), all owners collectively or the CBS (as the case may be) shall be the Applicant when submitting the application to URA. Please read the “Application Notes for building without Owners’ Corporation” in Annex I to the IBRAS Application Form for the application requirements and details.
Second round application will open on 6 January 2020, Applicant must submit the duly completed Application Form and the documents specified in Paragraph 3.3 of AN-LIMSS(2) to URA on or before 30 June 2020, through (i) Online or (ii) by post or in person to URA Office. (For details please refer to AN-LIMSS(2))
Scope of Works/Services Covered by the Subsidy
Subsidy applicable to the lift modernisation works below:
1. Addition of “Essential safety devices” (Except for circumstances specified in Paragraph 7.3, the following devices must be included in the application made under the LIMSS if such devices have not been equipped in the lift)
(i) Double brake system;
(ii) Unintended car movement protection device;
(iii) Ascending car overspeed protection device; and
(iv) Car door mechanical lock and door safety edge.
2. Addition of “Optional safety devices” (If the following devices have not been equipped in the lift, addition of each missing optional device will be covered by the subsidy under the LIMSS)
(i) Intercom and CCTV system;
(ii) Obstruction switch; and/or
(iii) Automatic rescue device.
3. Lift drive replacement and associated works where it is technically necessary or more cost-effective in order to install the “essential safety devices” specified in items (i) to (iv) of Paragraph 1 above.
4. Complete replacement of a lift which has not been equipped with any or all of the “essential safety devices” listed in items (i) to (iv) of Paragraph 1 above.
5. Subsequent follow-up services during defect liability period for the related safety devices in Paragraphs 1 to 4 above but exclusive of routine maintenance services.
6. URA will arrange free consultancy services for the scope specified in Paragraphs 1 to 4 to the Applicant. If the Applicant requests for any additional service(s), the Applicant shall bear all the additional expenses for the relevant consultancy services incurred. Details of the scope of free consultancy services, together with the fees of additional services and payment method, will be listed in the service agreement. If the Applicant opts to appoint their own consultant to co-ordinate the lift modernisation works, relevant consultancy fee will be subsidised.
Level of Subsidy
Once the application is approved, owners will be granted the following subsidies:
1. Owners may receive subsidy up to 60% of the total cost of the works and follow-up services specified in Paragraphs 1 to 5 of “Scope of Works/Services Covered by the Subsidy” per lift; and the consultancy fee of owner appointed consultant specified in Paragraph 6 of Scope of Works, subject to a cap of HK$20,000 per lift. The total amount of subsidies for the cost specified in Paragraphs 1 to 5 of “Scope of Works/Services Covered by the Subsidy” and the consultancy fee of owner appointed consultant (if applicable) is capped at HK$500,000 per liftNote 5;
2. Eligible elderly owner-occupiers aged 60 or above in the building concerned can receive subsidy of full cost of relevant works Note 6 and consultancy fee of owner appointed consultant as specified in Paragraph 1 above (if applicable) that they have to contribute, subject to a cap of HK$50,000 per domestic unit Note 5. Eligible elderly owner-occupiers should fill in the “Integrated Building Rehabilitation Assistance Scheme (IBRAS) Application Form for Owners of Individual Unit” by themselves and submit to URA within the application period specified in Paragraph 6.7 of “AN-LIMSS (2)(EOO)”. Please refer to “AN-LIMSS (2)(EOO)” for details.
Note 5: For examples of the calculation of the subsidy level, please refer to Annex I of this Application Notes. (AN-LIMSS(2))
Note 6: The subsidy amount shall be determined in accordance with Paragraph 7.15 of AN-LIMSS(2).
3. For CBS buildings approved for participating in the LIMSS, members of the CBS may apply for subsidies for elderly owner-occupiers specified in Paragraph 2 above for their units.
1. Subsidy for formation of OC
To encourage the building owners to form OC to carry out building repair works, the Applicant of this Scheme will be granted a subsidy of HK$3,000 for forming an OC on condition that the date of issue of the Certificate of Registration of OC falls within 12 months before the submission date of the Application Form of this Scheme, and an “Approval-in-Principle Letter” has been granted to the application for the Scheme.
2. If the Applicant plans to carry out building rehabilitation works and the building fulfil the application criteria for “Common Area Repair Works Subsidy”, the Applicant may make the application for “Common Area Repair Works Subsidy” simultaneously. However, the relevant works shall not duplicate with those approved under the LIMSS. Please refer to “AN-CAS” for details.
3 The Applicant shall not receive duplication of subsidies for each work item. URA may withdraw or deduct the subsidies of the same work item under the LIMSS which has been successfully granted with subsidies / grant under other incentive schemes, e.g. “Operation Building Bright 1.0”, “Operation Building Bright 2.0”, “Common Area Repair Works Subsidy”, “Buildings Energy Efficiency Funding Scheme”, “CLP Eco Building Fund “and “Smart Power Building Fund” etc.
Information above is reference only, for details please refer to AN-LIMSS(2).