While interview is not mandatory in the procurement process of work consultant, its practice offers owners a chance to gain a thorough understanding of each consultant and to enquire about the tender contents. Owners/OCs may arrange interviews as they see fit.
In general, invitation to interview should be given to shortlisted consultants in a reasonable timeframe. Each interview should take about 20 to 30 minutes. Owners/OCs may convene a meeting beforehand to discuss and define a pre-set list of interview questions. To ensure fair comparison, the interview duration for all works consultants shall not vary.
Reference questions for interview
• Qualification of company directors/persons in charge/engineers
• Quality control measures
• Record of lawsuits
• Number of professionals provided and reasonable working hours arrangement procedures
• Arrangement of site supervision
Issues concerning the works
• Recommended solutions for necessary rehabilitation
• Knowledge in handling building rehabilitation orders received
After the interviews, owners/OCs should be able to grasp the appropriate scope of and charges for the work consultancy services involved.
Want to learn more?