Common Area Repair Works Hardship Grant
The Urban Renewal Authority (URA) will consider assisting property owners with genuine financial difficulties for carrying out common arearepair works. The maximum amount of hardship grant for common area repair works is HK$10,000.
- Before the applicant applying for hardship grant for his/her domestic unit, the Owners’ Corporations (OC) of the related building or Owners’ representatives appointed in Owners’ General Meeting (applicable to building without OC) must have been granted with Approval-in-Principle (AIP) notification for “Common Area Repair Works Subsidy”; and
- Applicant should submit the application form duly completed with all necessary documents to URA via the OC/Owners’ representatives upon receipt of demand note. Application should be submitted before the first payment deadline specified in the first demand note issued by the OC/Owners’ representatives or within 2 months from the date of issuance of the said first demand note, whichever date is the later; and
- Applicant should be the registered owner of the respective residential property. The property should be owned by individuals (not owned by company); and comply with one of the following criteria:
- Recipient of Comprehensive Social Security Assistance; or
- Recipient of Old Age Living Allowance; or
- Aged 60 or above or disabled, and holder of Medical Fee Waiver Certificate; or
- Aged 60 or above or disabled, and meeting the income and asset limits as listed below:
|Family Category||Monthly Income Limit (HK$)
|Asset Limit (HK$)
If applicant is required to repay mortgage for their property, the monthly income will be the net amount after deducting the mortgage repayment.
If the applicant is the owner-occupier of the subject property, the asset value of the subject property will not be counted in the asset limit.
1. Each eligible applicant will be granted with a maximum of HK$10,000 hardship grant under “Common Area Repair Works Subsidy” within a period of 5 years.
2. Subsidy granted to the applicant within a period of 5 years under “Common Area Repair Works Subsidy” is subject to an aggregated amount capping at HK$10,000.
3. Subsidy granted to each residential unit under “Common Area Repair Works Subsidy” within a period of 5 years is subject to an aggregated amount capping at HK$10,000.
4. The maximum hardship grant under “Common Area Repair Works Subsidy” for each residential unit with shared ownership is capped at HK$10,000 for each application per scheme. The maximum hardship grant for each eligible applicant within a period of 5 years will be calculated according to his/her ownership percentage vested in the unit.
5. If the applicant has applied the Building Safety Loan Scheme of Buildings Department on the same repair items and has been approved, the hardship grant application’s approval may be affected.
6. URA reserves the right to amend the above contents at any time without prior notification. Please refer to webpage for the latest version.
7. This application note does not construe as a commitment by URA to the applicant. The terms and conditions of the scheme stipulated in URA’s approval document shall prevail.
8. URA reserves the right to reject the application at any time without disclosure of reasons and shall not be liable to anyone.